At Karen Walker we value the relationship we have with you and respect your privacy. We're committed to protecting the information collected about you on our website and via our third parties, and we've detailed below how, and why, we collect, use, store and disclose this information, and how you can have your personal information removed from our records, in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act), and, where applicable, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Personal Information We Collect and Why
Depending on why we're collecting information we may collect one or more of the following:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Delivery address
- Country, city, suburb, business name (if applicable), street name and number, post code
- Purchase and customer service history
- Size and colour preference
- Payment card details (an encrypted token is stored only if you select to save your card; your full card details are never saved in our system)
Karen Walker Online Returns
Grey Lynn, Auckland
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to efficiently and effectively carry out the services we offer. Generally, personal information is collected to ensure purchases arrive to the correct delivery location as quickly as possible. Purchase and customer service history, including size and colour preferences, is helpful in assisting customers to make future orders with ease.
Personal information may also include information which is of a more technical nature.
- IP address
- Time and duration of visit
- The pages within karenwalker.com that you visited and the duration of the visit
- Search criteria
- Referring URL (the site you were visiting before you came to karenwalker.com)
Technical information is collected to improve our customers' browsing experiences including allowing us to display prices in the native currency of the customer. It also allows us to analyse our own technical service in order to improve our customers' experience on our website. The technical information that our customers' systems supply will not be associated with any other personal information that our customers supply.
How We Collect and Store This Personal Information
- Visiting the website
- Navigating through different pages of the website
- Registering for an account
- Signing up to the mailing list
- Placing an order
- Contacting our customer service representatives (either by phone or email)
- Having a conversation with any Karen Walker employee
Information is stored primarily in electronic format and can also be made into hard copy if required. The information is stored in facilities which we own and operate or which are owned and operated by our service providers. We adhere to strict procedures and processes to ensure your information is kept secure, including restricted access to your information and destroying this information when it is no longer required. Customer credit card information is not stored on our servers. Any saved credit card details are part of an encrypted token that is only sent to us when you log in to the website.
How We Use and/or Disclose This Information
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and we will only disclose your personal information to those persons who require the information for such purposes. Depending on why we collected your information such use and disclosure may include the following:
- To create orders, transaction records and receipts
- To provide customers with our products
- To communicate with our customers about products, orders, special offers and events.
- To provide customer service
- To gain an understanding of our customers in order to develop improved services
- To comply with applicable laws andregulations
- We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who perform services on our behalf such as sending communications to customers. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that these service providers comply with the Privacy Act and the GDPR (where applicable), store your information securely, and do not use your information in any way other than to perform the required service.
Cookies are small data files that are sent from our website to your device which we can then access when you visit our website again in the future. There are different types of cookies that perform different functions. These include, but are not limited to: Functional - let customers use the website functions like adding products to their bag; Analytic - help us analyse and measure how customers are using the website to better improve the customer experience; Preference - remember customers' personal preferences (currency, location, etc) to make shopping as quick and easy as possible; and Retargeting - help us to deliver our customers advertisements that are relevant to their shopping habits.
If required by the GDPR or other applicable privacy laws, we will ask your consent when placing cookies on your device. In all other cases, by using karenwalker.com you agree to us placing these cookies on your device and then accessing them when you return to our website. You are not required to give your consent, and you can also turn cookies off at any time, however in doing so you will restrict the access you might otherwise have to some of the features available on our website.
Under the Privacy Act and the GDPR, you have the right to access your personal information stored by us at any time. By contacting email@example.com we can provide you with your personal information we hold on file, and you may also request, at any time, for this information to be removed from our systems. You may also update your personal information online at any time by logging into karenwalker.com and selecting 'My Account' from the navigation.
We assist our customers to lessen their contribution to landfill waste by offering an ongoing repair policy on all our ready-to-wear. We will happily repair any garments that need a little love from lots of wear. Please contact your nearest Karen Walker store and/or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a consultation at any time and stage of the garment’s life.